Monday, March 1, 2010

You're a jerk...I know

Baked Jerk Chicken...I decided to try to make some more jerk chicken today. While preheating the oven, the place started to fill with smoke. I knew immediately what had happened because it happened once before. My roommate left a dirty aluminum foil on the broiler. She was probably broiling fish so it had char and oil all over it. Since she cleaned the kitchen pretty thoroughly, I assumed that the oven would was clean too. That was my fault I should have checked. I cleared the broiler and finished cooking. It came out as expected but I used too much seasoning so it ended up being a little salty. I should have just used the jerk seasoning by itself. I'm on a quest to make the best jerk chicken in the world...I have a long way to go.



1 comment: