Sunday, February 21, 2010

My quest for the best stuff on Earth

In the back of a convenience store on Georgia avenue is a lady who cooks some really good Jamaican food. I think her name is Sharon. One day while on a search for this yummy goodness I was upset to find that she wasn't there. I was a little thirsty so I picked up a drink. I found something that had an image of a beautiful mango on the front. I paid for my drink and stepped outside where I took a swig. OMFG! It was the best beverage I've ever had in my life! I went back to buy every single on they had, it was only 1.49 for a liter of this amazing elixir. Unfortunately they only had one more left. I went home and did some research and found that it was made by a Dutch grocery store called Aldi. According to the website, it was only 69 cents when you buy it directly from the grocery store, so you know I had to take a trip.

I found an Aldi on the street where I live, I had to take the bus though because it's a little ways away. The first thing I notice is that there were no handbaskets. I walked around the store and there are few shelves shelves, but a lot of boxes stacked on top of one another. I find what I came for and yes it really is only 69 cents. I go outside and grab a shopping cart and I see some weird chain on cart. Apparently you have to put a quarter in this little box in order to release the chain so you can get your cart. WTF?! Luckily I had a quarter. I go back in and grab an empty box so I can mix and match what I wanted. The register had a weird set up too, like it was backwards of how a normal register is setup. After scanning my stuff the cashier asked me how many bags I wanted. What?! I was thrown of by the question. I wanted to say something smart like "Enough to hold my stuff!" Turns out they charge you 10 cents for each bag, which took a bit of the bargin out of my buy.

I eventually leave and get my quarter back. On the bus ride home, a guy is stepping out of the back door with his son who is about 2 or 3 years old. Suddenly the door closes in on the son, pushing his tiny. Luckily his dad still had a leg on the bus or the poor kid would have been crushed. The door opened back up soon after, I think the driver must have sensed something was wrong when the door didn't close all the way. The dad eventually pulled him out. It happened so fast I couldn't even react and say something. Afterwards I thought about how big of a lawsuit that could have been...I got home and opened up my amazing beverage, and it didn't seem to taste as great as I remembered...lol It's good but it wasn't the holy grail. *sigh*

No comments:

Post a Comment